Monday, October 26, 2009

Out On a Limb

I stand at the crossroads of right and wrong
Near the cliff of good and evil
Where the wind screams for forever
And you can’t but help smell the past
Destiny stares at me in three forms
As I feel the fates push me towards them
I feel peace from all three, but I still must choose
The spoiled inner child wants to choose them all
And the pessimist wants to leave them behind
The problem is I can’t start over now…I’ve only begun.

Now write, you mad fools, write out your hearts
Force time to stand still
Bend the universe to your whim
As I try to do now
And maybe…just maybe, it’ll come to me
Thirty-seven years and it may finally come to me
They may come to me, she may come to me, and they may.
Whether it long hair and smooth skin on her face
Or loneliness with an open space
I hoped to catch the conscience of the masses and forced them to sing!

Yeah, I get like this sometimes, sitting around being all reflective and shit and words just pop onto paper like this. I’m thinking about putting my introduction I have in a special edition version of Listen Like Fiends on one of my blogs just for S & G’s so you guys can clearly see where I’m coming from when it comes to muses. My muses never liked me the way I wanted them too and therefore I get bitter and angry whenever their likeness comes to mind. I guess that’s the point, but I wish once one of them would just give me the time of day instead of fucking around with my head because I hate being teased. That and I saw a movie I thought I had no business seeing and now I really feel like a dirty old man. “Dead puppies! Dead puppies! Dead puppies!”

I’ve been too happy as of late and I’m just waiting for the hammer to fall, that little moment that brings me back to reality and has the fates ask me, “What the hell were you thinking? You’re not allowed to be happy.” My books get bought regularly I would get happy but there are a few other things in my life right now that require immediate attention that either need to be made better or just get out of my way…and they know who they are.

I promise, the next blog will be more topical and less introspective. TTFN.

H.R. Green, 26th of October, 2009, 8:38 a.m. Burtchville, MI

No comments:

Post a Comment