Saturday, October 10, 2009

Bubblegum Prophecies

Here's a little number I tossed off early this morning.

From my mind I work
From my mind I sleep
For my mind spews forth bubblegum prophecies
That the entire world should eat.

Maybe they don’t like to be preached
Maybe they can’t stand to think
Maybe they can’t handle to be challenged
When a new point of view is there to drink.

I tire endlessly
With nearly unbending will
Still I am ignored by the masses
And I know I have the skill.

I can mask everything
Into an entertaining way
All my literature is ready for judgment
As I throw it all into the fray.

My bubblegum prophecies yell out the pain
They will shout love at the heart of the world
They will attempt to rip the amber from your soul
Sarcasm, darkness, and questions will form if they could.

I long to be heard
I long to see love
And I fight to be accepted
Still I feel I’m always rejected from above

All of my muses have hated me
Most of my teachers suppressed me
My life has been a downward spiral
Brought out for the reader to see.

Turned crazy by this bubblegum junk
Stuck in a world I cannot create
With situations I cannot change
And people I cannot manipulate.

Still I have a vision I feel I must share
Plucked out of the fucking air
Working on my craft diligently
So it doesn’t look like it came out of my derriere.

So to those who don’t know my feelings, I’m sorry
To those who do know, I apologized to too
The bubblegum prophecies take over my brain
And I don’t know what else to say or do.

Well, that's the thought. In summation I'm feeling really depressed this morning. Must be all that fucking rain. There are other things, but I choose not to write it here, even though I'm pretty much writing a blog to myself.

I'm out like a light.

H.R. Green, 10th of October 2009, 11:21 a.m. Burtchville, MI

No comments:

Post a Comment