Thursday, October 22, 2009

Cost Cutting Measures That Hurt

There’s been a mad dash for states to create ways in curbing their budget deficit and Michigan just got low down and dirty.

Apparently, the Department of Human Services in the state of Michigan has a new computer system routed straight through Lansing and has an automated no tolerance policy with cases and if you never receive any mail regarding the department in obtaining certain information so you can keep your case open, like, if your children needs health insurance. If you aren’t fast enough, the system closes your case and you get nothing. Way to go, good ol’ state of mine, way to start fixing your money problems by using ignorance to prey on the ignorance of others; way to go to show Michiganders that you care! Personally, I think that bitch of a governor needs to leave office but that doesn’t mean we’ll get anyone that’s better. We’ll still have a high unemployment rate, high rate of taxes, overpriced oil, overtaxed tobacco and alcohol, a social services group who acts like the police whenever an anonymous person gets a bug up their ass about children they think are being neglected. (It’s almost happened to me once.) Yet, in the long run, Michigan is best because we have the fresh water and since the watershed is international water nationalization cannot do a fucking thing about it…legally.

But I’m slightly derailed on my train of thought. Allow me to get back on track.

How do other states think of ways to screw over their citizens? I would like to know from anyone out there to give me reasons why not to move to said states. I really am trying to find my utopia, somehow, someday, I’ll find it and maybe never get screwed over again.

H.R. Green, 22nd of October, 2009, 3:10 p.m. Burtchville, MI

No comments:

Post a Comment