Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Pulp Toys

Okay, people wonder how weirdos lose their minds in the first place. I wish society would make up it's fucking mind as to what's acceptable and what is not, whether it pertains to sex, religion, fashion or stereotypes. The double standard of say one thing/do something different tends to get on my nerves. Today's topic, my friends, to put it generally, is toys.

Specifically, this Ken doll over here, smiling, looking like a million bucks, and yet another one that looks like it swings in the wrong direction to give it a little description; I mean, come on, what man would walk a dog out like that? But, more importantly, Mattel is telling girls to go out and get a man with loads of money, regardless of sexual orientation. Is it wrong? Yes. Can you stop it? No, not really. I am still waiting on trailer park Barbie to be created. Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll have a massvie recall on it due to bad taste? Okay, so the Ken doll is a collector's item, but, still, damn!

This is so disenchanting, my son tried, at least I think he tried, for a long time to stick to normal toys but that computer and those playing cards proved too addicting. Then again, he keeps his plastic swords to beat his friends with to get his agressions out so it isn't all bad. "We are the Knights who say 'Ni!'"

Then again, I shouldn't bitch too much, I am a part of the generation who thought the Atari 2600 was the shit. Actually it was the only game in town for a while. And wouldn't it be great if the video games were more lifelike? Well, they are now, and they're turning our's and our children's brains into moose poop. Television, doing the same thing, but when the toys get weird on you it's gotta give you some pause.

Remember the fucking Furby, anyone? The little A.I. stuffed animal that talked and "learned," that doll was evil! It was more evil than Teddy Ruxpin. The cartoons were not much better; cartoons, mind you, that tied themselves into merchandise in some way. YuGiOh was/is a show that was written around a collectable card game that it was based off of, so watch the show, see how the game is played, and imagine your dark magicians and dragons jump off the cards themselves. WHEEEEEEEEEE! At least with Transformers you can create a vehicle and turn it back into a robot. Pokemon and YuGiOh is just about as bad as playing Mystery Date; "Character's faces do not talk."

Well, on an unrelated not, this is the end of week three of the experiment and I gotta say, pretty fucking dismal. This is worse than my book sales and that's saying something. Not even a "you suck" comment on my blog. ::Shrugs::

Well, we will see if I can write any blogs in the next three days but I highly doubt it. It's convention time for me before I become a slave to the grind once again. If my books were bought, I wouldn't have this problem. TTFN

H.R. Green, 29th of October, 2009, 12:53 p.m. Flint, MI

No comments:

Post a Comment