Monday, November 9, 2009

Enter: Marillion

This small short story is about a character in my current book Daemon, a werewolf by the name of Marillion. He's another character with many names but that is one he likes the most. The following is a story written seven years ago as a prelude to the Daemon novels. Okay, so I should call it one of the Daemon stories, just like "Daemon & Rowanne." There are a few others in existence but I decided on this one to get the fictional ball rolling with this blog...

H.R. Green, 9th of November, 2009, 5:24 p.m. Burtchville, MI

No ruling potential they said.

No strange presence?

No presence of mind?

Oh, how they were wrong about me...over one millennia ago.

***

I have gone by many names; Marcus, Matthew, Jerhal, Mikahl, and so forth. And I have been given very vile names such as Lecher of the Beasts and he who has the sense of humor of the grotesque. Those who have named me that are no longer with us are they? But I still am. Watching you all, and doing all that you will not know or hear about. I am the animal you always hear about but never see one of the original beasts; a lycanthrope, a werewolf, and, fortunately, I can control my disease! I am one of few.

Like all the rest of you my former self came into this world through the female species, as a normal human. My other birth, the one that gave me the powers of a god, I lived fifteen years to the day as a mortal until one day of hunting I was knocked out and awaken to a nightmare of pain and ecstasy and overwhelming confusion. Running around in a scared panic, looking for my tribe. Finally finding them after two days of delusions, I noticed changes in myself. I have become stronger; I have become faster. Every bit of blood tastes better, and every bit of pain feels better. I now scream for cause. I now howl for satisfaction. They soon found out what I became, and feared me. To the point, I have become more, but I did not know it at first. I dealt with lycanthropy as a disease. Something that was disgusted by all people and one I had to get rid of. Some tried to help me, most threw me aside. Until, what I call the freak brigade, decided all freaks of nature should be put to death to take them out of their misery. They found me, and decided I was one to be made an example of. But, I did not want to die. I HAD THE WILL TO LIVE! And I was not going to let a bunch of pathetic little yes men sent by the king to make that decision. The first time in my life, and I did not know then, but I know now why I suddenly thought this way. I was finally getting all of my reconnaissance back, and know whom I really was.

The brigade decided for the “mercy kill” at nightfall, so the creatures of the night could take the curse that was bestowed upon the [accused] to keep it with them. How wrong they were to find out about me.

There was a much motley amount together. What was called freaks then would be appalled by the likes of people like you. There were retards of all nature, including what you call Down syndrome and autistics. All who I could tell had their own personality should have had their own life, but they were hanged. Then they brought the psychos, the crazy people. The ones who talk to themselves, the ones who scream every time someone touches them, the ones addicted to various uncivilized drugs, the people who think they are what they are not, the accused witches and warlocks, and then there was me. I guess the bible huggers thought I might do something to disrupt the happenings. Fuck! The real reason was I was the main attraction. My first lesson in politics, and already I thought it sucked.

“We are here to pass judgment to one man,” the auditor looked over to me in much distain, “who calls himself Marcus on having the devil in him...”

“You never had a trial against me!”

“You bite your tongue, boy! You need not have a trial for you have the devil in you. We have to get rid of it!”

“What gives you the right?”

“We have all the right,” The preacher gets into my face. Man, how I did want to spit a nasty bloody loogie right up his protruding obnoxious nose. It is such a huge shaft that a mason brick could easily fit and the man could still breathe. “We are men of God.” He finishes his statement. So high in his fucking self I wanted to vomit on his neatly shined boots. So I did. It was not hard.

“It is just that attitude that I will enjoy your execution. You gotten too cocky ever since you were told you were to be put to death as a sacrifice to the demons of the land.” The preacher coldly whispers in my ear. “What makes you think that anything but death will happen?”

“What makes you think that I want anything BUT death, laddie?”

The man could not say anything, but scowled at me anyway knowing that I was sane enough to live and not die. Yet, so sane that I would kill when I want and how I want. I knew this too.

“Put the noose on the beast and wait for my signal.”

“Noose?” I thought to myself, “This will not hold me. It held most, but not me.”

“Let it be written, on the year of our Lord, 927 A.D. in the land of the Saxons, that we pronounce the execution and the exorcism of the man who calls himself Marcus. I pronounce you dead.” The preacher brings his arm down to start my hanging. Suddenly I feel great pain directly to my neck has the burning rope starts burning a small inferno into my neck. I twist my head back and forth as the pain intensifies and turns rougher and rougher and the sweeter when I finally blackout to only see my memories, or lack of them. I went back. Back to when I was in the forest when I first started my hellish ride. Now I am conscience to witness what happened to me on that night. But, I was not prepared to know what really happened to me. When I woke up after that night I had a huge headache and a throbbing, nagging pain in my left arm and the same type of pain in my right foot. I was not even close to healthy. I lay there with a limp lifeless body and waited. After a short time I heard movement in the background, then noises of animals. Soon I noticed they were wolves, slowly walking up towards me. There must have been five or six of them. They were stalking me, but I was already unconscious. Why did they have to be cautious with me? Then I knew. The last wolf to approach me, it seemed to be the leader, started licking certain parts of me. I knew I was a goner now. But this was a replay of my past, so the must not of killed me, but they certainly did hurt me a lot. Then the wolf gave me a nasty bite on my wrist, then my left leg. Soon the rest joined on in, like it was a common ritual to them. I did not hurt at all. Instead it felt kind of pleasurable. I knew now what I was, and the potential of what I can become; an ego trip. Well, I sure as hell needed it! I woke up to the real world with this memory, and much to my delight, finally changing to my full potential.

“You are trying to kill me with common rope?! Too bad you had no clue about me preacher.” I grabbed a handful of his hair, “ Now you shall DIE!” And I threw him to the ground, back first, a hard as I could, breaking his neck instantly. I knew it broke because I heard it.

“I’m hungry!” I look around at all the people present, and then I chose the one plumpest to my eye. “You’ll do fer now chubby!” And I commenced to have one of the best dinners of my life, even though it only lasted ten minutes. I distinctly remember a, what at the time I thought was gorgeous, scream at me “MY HUSBAND! You’re killing my husband!” I began searching for her. Somehow it was not hard to find her. I could smell her! I knew what town it was. I had to know what house.

I wandered the town a little bit searching for her. Everyone was in a panic to stop me from walking around. I did not know why they were afraid. I changed back. I guess not enough. I looked in a mirror and saw my face, but the eyes of a wolf. I smiled back at the mirror with admiration. Everything was coming to me now. I knew I was a god.

Then I found her. “Hello.” I yelled to the house. “Hello in there.” No answer. I guess I will introduce myself to the widow during this mass hysteria over me. So I knock on the door. “ Hello. Hello, Mrs. MacShithead, are you in there?” Still no answer. So I entered on my own only to be greeted rudely by an older mortal.

“Now that’s not a nice way to greet a new houseguest is it?” I grabbed the man by the neck and thrust him into a convenient chair. “Sit down and drink yer tea old man!” Now to my quest I thought to myself. “ Were are you my little pretty one. Where are you hiding?”

I quickly met up with the rest of the family, namely the mother and other two sisters; it seemed like, “Go away you vermin!”

“Now, normally I would fuck you hard then kill you for that comment, but you’re too old so I’ll just kill you.” I reached my fist into her chest, pulled out her heart then ate it. This made the other two women faint. Undaunted, I search for my princess. She was not hard to find, in her room it looked like, hiding under her bed, I pulled her from under it and tore off her clothes in one slash, creating a little bloody wound.. That is okay. They are better that way.

“You killed and ate my husband, you animal.”

“All, but his manhood. I cannot stand another man’s manhood.”

“Are you going to eat me too?”

“No. I’m going to have my way with you. Then I’m gonna have my way with those other two downstairs. Then I’ll leave this decrepit village.”

“How dare you-”

I slap her then turn back into the beast. “I dare very much because I can do anything.”

It only took me ten minutes with her, I think. It would have bee longer, but I had two others to do the same to then get the hell out of there. This was wonderful, quick pleasure. Next time I should remember to plan better so it would be longer. After I was done, I had to run out of here. I, of course, was unopposed. With the wind in my fur and a dust trail in the moonlight, I ran to the highest elevation point to yell back down onto the town.

“This town of Caledonia is now and forevermore cursed after your ill-treatment of me. Let it be written that I am the one to be feared by all whether it is in history or legend. My name and my soul will not brook any aggression. I now run the show! I am stronger, I am faster, and I am smarter than ANY of the likes of you and others in surrounding shires! In twenty years your next generation will be plagued with my disease and will rule over this town as much I can rule over you as well. I now will live forever on MY terms! I don’t even care if I’m damned for eternity. I’m going to live for an eternity and I might be so bold as to say I am eternity. May you never, ever forget the name, Marillion!”

Hence my lifelong adventure begins, for generations to come and go.

No comments:

Post a Comment