Saturday, November 14, 2009

Being Alone, Sometimes, Isn't Smart

And another example of being left alone with my thoughts is the following example:

No More

I knew this night would come but I had no idea it would be so fast.

Where my heart would fall into the pit of my stomach.

For the moment I have no hope and I don’t want my emotion.

I didn’t want it to happen, but I knew it was coming.

And I knew I couldn’t stop it, but if I did stop it I would be wrong.

If this is right, why do I feel so empty inside?

A piece of my heart died today and I cannot get it back.

Gone with the hope of a person I thought I knew.

I understood what was at stake and I still let it happen.

Powerless of the outcome I could only stand idly by and suffer.

A piece of my heart died today and it will be felt for a long time.

Coming to me, a long time of hurt and agony that I should, but can’t ignore.

I hate being helpless, I hate being felt tossed aside, I hate this sickness.

It keeps happening to me no matter how hard I keep it inside.

My life always has a person who enters it and reopens that wound.

Things are too perfect, and usually that’s true.

From the very beginning I never had a chance, so why do I allow myself to try?

I look into their eyes and die, not knowing why, why I should still care?

A piece of my heart died tonight and it’s not coming back.

It flew away from me in the heat of pain and regret.

There’s only one way it can come back but this hope is a mere glimmer.

For sometimes I feel even our friendship just gets dimmer.

A piece of my heart died tonight, given away freely by infatuation.

Forcing my emotions to be more lost than ever before.

Why must I do the good thing, the decent thing right now?

The man thing to do is to let that go, but why, for once why can’t I just take?

For once it should work and win, for once it shouldn’t matter to anyone.

Because for once it should be the same, for once I should be right.

And the fact only one thing should really be keeping me back from whom I want.

It’s the timing, that’s all; the timing is all wrong so I have to let it go.

A piece of my heart died tonight; died while given to someone.

Someone who I have found fascinating and wonderful and great to be around.

But no matter how much there was in common and how much the same person we were.

I know deep down no good could ever come of it.

A piece of my heart died tonight in the arms of one I care about.

But, no matter how much emotion I could give to them, in the end there must be no more.

A piece of my heart has died; if it happens again I fear there will be no more.

Yeah, just down in the dumps sad, but that's where I am right now.

H.R. Green, 14th of November, 2009, 2:34 p.m. Burtchville, MI

No comments:

Post a Comment